The purpose of this blog is to publish some of our pictures of the Isle of Skye, Scotland. We lay no claim to these being great photographs - they are just pictures of what we see, taken with ordinary compact cameras. We hope you enjoy browsing.

Richard and Sue


(CLICK ANY PICTURE TO VIEW A FULL-SIZE GALLERY)


Monday 26 September 2016

Skye Skies

With few trees or buildings, our sky here is BIG. Add in the Hebridean weather, sunrise or sunset, and an awesome sky is often the result.

I am posting below a collection of sky pictures mostly taken from at or near Roskhill (near Dunvegan) in the last few years.











2 comments:

  1. Stunning skys, will I see them I geography. Have you seen the Aurora Borealis there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seldom put pictures of clouds on Geograph, Bill. As for the Aurora Borealis - it is sometimes seen from Skye, though you have to be in the right place at the right time, and I have never managed that! I don't believe we get the full 'curtains' aurora - more likely just a green and purple glow.

    ReplyDelete